News & Media
(Taken August 2020. Click for full-size: 3255 × 3405)
Dr Jamie Frost has taught maths for 8 years; he was previously a PhD student at Oxford University working in AI (winning a Teaching Excellence Prize and the Microsoft Research Prize for his undergraduate dissertation), prior to which he coded trading algorithms for an investment bank. His teaching resources have been downloaded over 7 million times with in excess of 1 million page views on his site a day, and students have answered nearly 100 million questions online on his online platform, DrFrostMaths. He won a Gold Pearson Teaching Prize, appearing on BBC2's 'Britain's Classroom Heroes'. He is currently in the Top 50 for the Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize. His passion is to inspire and engage all maths learners across the ability spectrum and regardless of financial background, and both his resources and online platform continue to be completely free to all.
- Mar 2020 - Evening Standard - The Leader - featuring George Osborne, Rory Stewart, Jamie Frost. I share my thoughts of home learning during lockdown (skip to the 14:30 mark).
- May 2020 - Craig Barton - Hometeaching, DrFrostMaths and Virtual Whiteboards.
- June 2016 - Craig Barton - The 2.5 hour interview covers my background, my approach to teaching and how to cater for high attainers.
Other Teaching-Related Videos
- Nov 2019 - Maths in Action - Emmanuel Centre
- Oct 2019 - DFM on Tour - Hill House School, Doncaster
- Sept 2019 - GDST Schools Head of Maths Meeting
- July 2019 - DFM on Tour - King Edward VI Aston School, Birmingham
- July 2019 - DFM on Tour - Dulwich College, London
- July 2019 - DFM on Tour - Harris Academy St John's Wood, London
- June 2019 - DFM on Tour - Cheadle Hulme School, Manchester
- May 2019 - DFM on Tour - Hautlieu School, Jersey
- Nov 2018 - Maths in Action - Emmanuel Centre
- Nov 2017 - Computer Science in Action (Talk title: "The Chomsky Hierarchy & The Complexity of the English Language")
- Nov 2017 - Maths in Action - Emmanuel Centre
- Nov 2016 - Maths in Action - Institute of Education
- Nov 2015 - Maths in Action - Institute of Education