(Used for Tiffin Year 9 scheme of work) Includes a 'levelled activity' where students advance through progressively difficult levels. Please note that the slides may be updated within the next month to include more of (d) below. (a) Recap: Find/use nth term of a linear sequence. (b) Find/use nth term of a quadratic sequence. (c) Identify the formula for the nth term of a simple geometric sequence (e.g nth term of 2, 4, 8, 16, ... is 2^n) (d) Extension: Solve sequence proofs and problems involving missing terms, using algebraic approaches.
- Download all files (zip)
- Yr9-Sequences.pptx (Slides)
- Yr9-SequencesActivity.docx (Activity)
- Yr9-SequencesExercise4.docx (Worksheet)
- Yr9-GeometricSequencesTermToTermHwk.docx (Worksheet)
- QQQ-QuadraticSequences.docx (Assessment)
- Yr9-SequencesExtensionHomework.docx (Worksheet)