- Algebra (86)
- Algebraic Proofs (4)
- Changing the Subject (4)
- Curved Graphs (7)
- Differentiation (2)
- Expanding Brackets (5)
- Factor Theorem and Remainder Theorem (FM only) (2)
- Factorising (6)
- Formulae and Simplifying Expressions (11)
- Functions (4)
- Inequalities (5)
- Iteration (1)
- Matrix Algebra (FM only) (1)
- Matrix Algebra (FM Only) (1)
- Quadratic Graphs (3)
- Sequences (8)
- Simultaneous Equations (3)
- Solving Equations (13)
- Straight Line Graphs (4)
- Transformations of Curves (1)
- Trial & Improvement (1)
- Computer Science (33)
- Data Handling & Probability (20)
- Number (45)
- Bases (1)
- Calculator Use (1)
- Combinations & Permutations (4)
- Decimals (1)
- Factors, Multiples and Primes (4)
- Fractions (1)
- Fractions, Decimal & Percentage Equivalences (4)
- Negative Numbers (1)
- Percentages (4)
- Powers, Roots & Laws of Indices (7)
- Ratio & Proportion (7)
- Rounding & Estimation (4)
- Sets (1)
- Standard Form (1)
- Surds (4)
- Revision (6)
- Shape, Space & Measures (76)
- 2D Properties of Shapes (2)
- 3D Shapes (2)
- 3D Volume, Surface Area (3)
- Angles (10)
- Area & Perimeter (5)
- Circle Theorems (4)
- Compound Measures and Units of Measurement (7)
- Construction, Loci & Scale Drawings (4)
- Coordinates (1)
- Distance/Velocity Time Graphs (2)
- Pythagoras (6)
- Similarity & Congruency (5)
- Symmetry (3)
- Transformations (3)
- Trigonometry (17)
- Vectors (2)
- Go Back
GCSE Advanced Trigonometry 1 - Right-Angled Triangles (AQA FM)
Recaps basic trigonometry for right-angled triangles, exact trigonometric values, more complicated problems (e.g. involving surds) and 3D Pythagoras/trigonometry.
Right-Angled Triangles (Old - Do not use)
GCSE 3D Pythagoras & Trigonometry
Covers all aspects of the GCSE (and AQA Further Maths) syllabus.
(From Tiffin Year 7 scheme of work)
(a) Apply Pythagoras' Theorem to single right-angled triangles.
(b) Appreciate that an answer in surd form is exact.
(c) Know common Pythagorean triples: (3,4,5), (5,12,13) and multiples of these.
(d) Solve more advanced problems involving use of Pythagoras' Theorem:
* Finding the perpendicular height and area of an isosceles and equilateral triangle (and a mental method for the latter).
* Multiple right-angled triangles with shared sides.
* Appreciate that we sometimes need to add lines to yield right-angled triangles.
* Use of algebraic sides.
* Appreciate that a triangle with angles 30-60-90 is half an equilateral triangle, using this to reason about sides.
Full Coverage: Pythagoras' Theorem
GCSE question compilation which aims to cover all types of questions that might be seen on the topic of Pythagoras' theorem. Students can complete this set of questions interactively on the DFM Homework Platform. Also contains answers.
Covers geometric problems (involving lengths, angles and area) found in Intermediate Maths Challenges and Olympiads.