(Used for Tiffin Year 7 scheme of work)
(a) Solve equations, including with unknowns on both sides and with brackets.
(b) Form equations from context (with emphasis on quality of written communication, e.g. "Let x be..."), linked in with previous 'forming expressions' topic. Contexts may include:
* Algebraic angles (e.g. sum of angles in a triangle)
* Simple problems involving consecutive numbers (n, n+1, n+2, ...)
* Problems involving mean with an unknown number of items.
(From Tiffin Year 7 scheme of work)
(a) Recognise a variety of ways to display data:
* Construct pie charts, and finding frequencies from angles (and vice versa).
* Be able to construct and interpret bar charts.
* Construct stem and leaf diagrams.
* Understand frequency diagrams and how grouped data can be put in tabular form. Be able to construct frequency polygons.
(b) Be able to analyse data and calculate statistics:
* Calculate the mean, mode, median and range (not quartiles) from listed data.
* Find the mean, mode, median, range from a stem and leaf diagram.
* Calculate the mean from a frequency table and estimate a mean from a grouped frequency table.
* Solve (non-algebraic) problems involving mean, including combined means.
* Appreciate the difference between continuous and discrete data.